Tuna Melt Pizza
The best part of this recipe by kosher.com? You don’t have to feel guilty when eating this “pizza”!
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 packet (2 1/4 tsp) dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 cups flour
- 2 7-oz. cans solid white albacore tuna in water
- 6 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsps alt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 1 tbsp sliced scallions
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pizza cheese
- 1 cup diced colored pepper s
- 4 oz canned sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 red onion, sliced into thin rings
- salt, for sprinkling
- cooking spray
- Combine water and sugar in a mixer bowl. Dissolve yeast in the mixture. Let stand five minutes.
- Add salt and oil. Add flour; blend in until it forms a soft dough. Spray with cooking spray, cover with a towel, and allow to rise for 25–30 minutes.
- Mash tuna well with a fork. Add mayonnaise, mustard, milk, lemon juice, salt, and pepper and mix well until smooth. Add celery and scallions and mix gently until combined. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 16-inch pizza pan with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper.
- Spread dough with fingers over pan to just less than one inch from the edge, leaving a lip of dough a bit higher (make this about one inch) to form the crust.
- Spread tuna salad over the dough up until the raised edge. Sprinkle with cheese and top with pepper, mushrooms, and onion. Sprinkle with salt and lightly spray the entire pizza top, including the crust, with cooking spray.
- Place in the center of the oven and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for about five minutes. Slice into eight wedges.