Lasagna Pepper Boats
- 6 red bell peppers, seeded and halved
- salt, to taste
- water, as needed
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 (12-ounce) container cottage cheese
- 2 C shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 C shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange peppers, cut side up, in a baking dish. Season with salt. Pour one-fourth inch water into the dish.
- Fill each pepper piece with a heaping tablespoon of cottage cheese. Top with half the mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the cheeses with a generous amount of marinara sauce. Sprinkle with oregano. Then sprinkle each ‘boat’ with remaining mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese.
- Cover and bake until peppers are tender and cheeses are melted, about 35–40 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional five to 10 minutes.