Double Chocolate Bars
Chocolate lovers, this great recipe is for you!
- 2 sticks margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 bar quality chocolate, melted
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup extra-mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Beat margarine and sugar until fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla. Beat in melted chocolate. Scrape sides of bowl to make sure all ingredients are incorporated.
- Add in flour, baking soda, and salt and mix well. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Divide the dough into three. Wet hands and shape into thin flat rectangles on the baking sheet. Leave space between each rectangle, as the loaves will spread significantly. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes. Slice into ½-inch bars.