Crockpot Onion and Flanken Soup
A great recipe for cold winter nights, from kosher.com
- 12 onions, sliced into half-moons
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 pounds bone-in flanken
- 4 cups beef, chicken, or vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup red miso paste
- Combine onions, salt, pepper, and oil in a crockpot; stir to combine.
- Add flanken to the crockpot; cover with onion mixture. Cover; cook on high for four to five hours, until onions are golden brown.
- Add broth, wine, and miso paste; stir to combine. Cook on high for an additional hour.