Cinnamon Buns with Cream Cheese Frosting
A delicious recipe from kosher.com
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 container whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 stick butter
- dark brown sugar
- 1 cupwarm whole milk
- 2 (.25-ounce) packets active dry yeast
- 2 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour (plus a little more if it’s too sticky)
- 1/3 cup melted butter (use the real thing)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
1. Warm the milk in a microwave safe bowl for a few seconds until luke-warm. Add the yeast packets to the milk and let it sit for a few minutes until bubbly. Whisk in the eggs, melted butter, sugar and salt.
2. Add the flour one cup at a time, until the dough comes together. A sticky dough is fine. Let the dough rise for a half hour! This is a very important step.
3. Roll the dough out. If it’s too sticky, add a little more flour at this point. Fill the dough with a stick of room temparature butter and generous amounts of cinnamon and dark brown sugar. Roll up and then cut into discs. Line them up in a 9 by 13 pan and bake on 350 for about 35 minutes. I baked them covered for half the time, and uncovered for the rest of the time. ENJOY!
4. In a small bowl, whisk the whipped cream cheese, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar together to form a frosting. Refrigerate until the cinnomon buns are cooled to room temperature and then dollop on top!