Chocolate Chunk Walnut Biscotti
A delicious biscotti recipe from Kosher.com
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
3 cups flour
3/4 cup chocolate chunks
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
Baking chocolate, for garnish
10 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
Yield: 30 biscotti
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease two baking sheets.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together eggs, sugar, and oil. Add vanilla and baking powder. Add flour, one cup at a time. Slowly mix in chocolate chunks and walnuts.
- Form dough into four large oval-shaped mounds. (If the dough is a bit sticky, wet your hands/gloves before you begin shaping the dough.) Place onto greased baking sheets. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Slice into 1/2-inch biscotti strips. For crunchier biscotti, return to oven for an additional five minutes. Let cool.
- Melt baking chocolate. Drizzle over biscotti and sprinkle with cookie crumbs.