BBQ Schnitzel Fingers
BBQ Schnitzel Fingers from Kosher.com
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 big squirt BBQ sauce or Dijon mustard
- Dried parsley flakes
- Bread/ cornflakes / panko crumbs and spices
- Mix egg, garlic, BBQ sauce, and parsley well.
- Transfer egg, garlic and spices to a Ziploc bag. Add chicken.
- Refrigerate until ready to use; even overnight. The longer it sits the more flavorful and moist it becomes.
- To coat dip chicken straight from bag into spiced crumbs.
- Preheat your oil in deep skillet or frying pan on medium high heat with approximately three-fourths inch of oil.
- Fry approximately three minutes per side depending on thickness and allow schnitzel to cool (and drain).
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and place a real (metal) baking sheet in the oven as it heats up. That way, when you place your chicken strips on the pan they begin to crisp up right away.
- When oven is preheated, spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and lay down chicken strips. Spray top of chicken and bake. I baked mine 12 minutes then turned them over and baked them another 10 minutes.