A great appetizer, lunch or light dinner, from kosher.com
- pepper, to taste
- generous handful of romaine lettuce
- 1/2 medium can corn kernels, drained
- diced tomatoes or halved cherry tomatoes
- Layer romaine lettuce on a large platter. Sprinkle the canned corn, diced tomato, avocado, and beans over the lettuce. Set aside.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, and cook in a frying pan until done, turning over halfway through the cooking. When chicken is cooked and cooled, cut into chunks.
- Return to frying pan, and add 1 cup of barbecue sauce. Turn on flame, and let the sauce coat all the chicken pieces and caramelize them while stirring, until there is no sauce left in the pan. Chicken pieces should be nice and sticky. (If necessary, add a little more sauce to achieve this.)
- Arrange the barbecue chicken pieces on top of the lettuce and veggies.
- Mix together the mayonnaise and ½ cup barbecue sauce for the dressing.
- Pour all over the salad platter. Garnish with tortilla chips (instructions follow) and serve.
For the tortilla chips
1. To make the tortilla chips, cut each tortilla into eighths (like a pizza).
2. Heat oil in a frying pan, until just under 1-inch deep. When oil is hot, add tortilla triangles to oil and fry until medium brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and let drain on paper towels.
3. While still hot, sprinkle sea salt and lots of cumin on top of chips.
4. Allow to cool, then lightly crush by hand and add to salad. You can also garnish the salad with whole triangle pieces in addition to the crushed chips.