Delicious donuts by our very own Uncle Mike. To save 1/3 of the calories, eat 2 donuts instead of 3 😉
There’s nothing quite like fresh donuts!
- 1 pkg dry yeast (1 square)
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1 egg
- 3 cups flour
- Mix all ingredients together for 2-3 min
- Cover bowl with towel and let it rest for 15-30 min
- Place on floured counter, sprinkle flour on top of dough and roll out to approx 1/2″ height press circles with a wide 3″ glass
- Leave raw doughnuts on counter or on a baking sheet with parchment paper and allow to rise for 45 -60 min
- Fill wide pot with 2″ oil and allow to heat
- Place doughnuts gently in hot oil, they will float. Fry for about 1 min on each side (Flip with a skimmer or tongs); they should be deep golden brown, light & fluffy.
- Remove onto paper towels and allow to cool for about 5 min
- Fill a small squeeze bottle with strawberry jam, stick into the side and squeeze a small amount of jelly into the center of each doughnut.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar and enjoy!